Friday, January 7, 2011

When a miracle is right before you

Miracles do happen; we see it everyday without even realizing it. One day a lost sheep was still wondering around aimlessly, wounded with anger and pride, chained by the bondage of pain and misery, blinded by his own folly and sin. Yet, a miraculous light pierce through the tempest, just as Wesley beautifully sung:

Long My Imprisoned Spirit Lay,Fast Bound In Sin And Nature's Night;Thine Eye Diffused A Quickening Ray;I Woke, The Dungeon Flamed With Light;My Chains Fell Off, My Heart Was Free,I Rose, Went Forth, And Followed Thee.  Miracles do happen. How can you deny? When he stands before you, metamorphosized and free, sharing  testimonies of transformation, even amazed at his own life change. Words of life coming from his lips, once coarse and vulgar, now praising the wonders of God. Heart once hardened, mind once darkened; now regenerated and enlightened, applying Scripture to his life. What sweetness to our ears, when in vain we have once asked, prayed, even begged that he would receive; and to now finally hear these words, "I believe in Jesus and Jesus is in my life." O, what joy is it to call him now a Brother in Christ! What amazing power could convict and perform such glorious act of grace? Praise be to God and Savior, Jesus Christ our Lord!   Miracles do happen, they will continue to happen until the day Jesus comes. Till then, I can only wonder at the amazing blessings of witnessing more miracles to come. My dear brothers- Joel, Seth, and Harry, thank you for allowing me to witness my first miracle since I came back to Singapore.

~ Pr Gideon

No comments:

Post a Comment